Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Mary

Shown below is my Mary. I haven't worked on her nearly enough lately. I have decided that I hate the fabric that I am using, but I have too many hours invested to change that...I think!

This was the official beginning to my "blue and green" period. I'm still there and it makes me happy. I would like to replace the original initials with the letters of the alphabet like I saw someone on the Needleprint site do.

I'm in the process of finishing up a BlackBird Design project with hearts, but am looking forward to getting back to Mary after that...at least on a part time basis.
Bobbi

9 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about fabric - I was stitching (or not!) another piece and getting nowhere, I changed the fabric and away I went. I love your colours, keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love your colors. The blues an greens are so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice combintion of the blues with the greens. It's very nice and you are doing a nice job. I'm looking forward to seeing all the great new Marys that are joining this group, I am really happy to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, and in my color-comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edy -

    Love that phrase..."in my color-comfort zone"...I'll be using that one in the future.

    MarchAnn, Marcy, and Gillie - Thanks for your nice comments. I actually had bought the hand-dyed silks (Vicki Clayton) for this piece and decided I didn't want to do that. Sold them to someone in my guild and went my own way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue and green. They are lovely together and will make a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonni,

    What a lovely color combination! I have Mary Wigham and have not yet stitched it yet...what fabric are you using? It looks like Aida to me...

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete