Thursday, September 10, 2009

In A Quandary

The samplers that are being shown are really looking great.  I have two sides done and am working on the third.  I have a question for those of you that have stitched the first, blue with crown, motif on the right side.  Did you correct the motif or stitch it as charted?  I can see that charting this sampler would be a humongous task, but it may be the way Mary stitched it.  I hate the thought of that much frogging, but it just does not look good to me.  Please comment!

Pat in Texas

http://quiltsandotherhobbies.blogspot.com

7 comments:

  1. Pat,
    I corrected this motif a little as it did not look right to me either. You can see mine on my blog http://olenkas-stitches.blogspot.com .
    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I understand where you mean. If you are talking about the motif on the far right near the top, I did "correct" it....I used the book to help me. I wrote J about the motif but didn't get a response so I decided to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't correct it. I'm trying to do it "as charted" but I will admit I'm tempted.
    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't stitched it yet, but plan to keep it as charted... if you look at a picture of the original sampler, you will see that Mary did indeed stitch it that way to start with.

    I don't think there is any problem with changing it if it bothers you... there are plenty of changes that I am making as I go along, but it isn't an error in the chart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is what will make each of these samplers unique, some will be reproductions and some will be inspired by Mary's design. all quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have corrected many of the motifs. They are available on my blog. http://speedystitcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete